If you recently bought a new phone, the transition of data from your old phone to the new one is pretty smooth, as long as both of them are running on the same operating systems. If both of your phones are either Android or iOS, there is great first-party support for moving data from one device to another.
On Android, you should be able to transfer all your data using a wired connection. Newer Android phones and many phones from Samsung also support wireless and cloud transfer of data as well. On an iPhone, you can either take a full iCloud backup of your entire device, and your new iPhone will be a replica of your old iPhone. For wired options, you can also backup using iTunes on your PC/Mac.
But if you are switching from an Android to iPhone or vice versa, the trouble begins. Barring for apps that use cloud storage, data from apps like WhatsApp and others simply cannot get transferred from one platform to another using first-party options.
Tenorshare’s iCareFone for WhatsApp transfer solves your problem by taking your WhatsApp chats’ backup from whatever platform you are using and successfully migrating it to another platform. The application can transfer your chats from WhatsApp and other messenger apps, such as LINE, Kik, Viber, and WeChat. Sounds great, right? Let’s take a deep dive into what the software has to offer and whether or not it does what it intends perfectly.
Also read: How to Use WhatsApp Web?
- The software lets you easily transfer your WhatsApp chats between Android and iOS. ‘
- You can directly transfer WhatsApp for Business conversations from one phone to another.
- It lets you backup or restore your data from WhatsApp, WhatsApp for Business, and other messaging apps such as KIK, Viber, etc., in a single click.
- You can view and export your chats and links in HTML.
- The software is compatible with iOS 14.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone & Vice Versa
- Download and install iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer. Now connect both the Android and iPhone to your computer using a data cable.
- On Android devices, you might need to enable USB debugging first. On the iPhone, press on “Trust this computer” after connecting your device.
- On your computer, you’ll now see a prompt that will ask your permission to overwrite data on your iPhone. Click “Yes” to proceed further.
- Back up your WhatsApp data on your Android phone if not done already. The software will then get the WhatsApp data from the source device. This process might take some time, so you can sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee while the software is working its charm.
- After backing up successfully, the software will ask you to verify the WhatsApp account used to create the backup by entering the country code and phone number. Enter the required information and click on “Verify” to proceed further.
- Once you enter the information, WhatsApp will send you a verification code on your device. Click “Continue” to proceed verification process. Enter the code you received on your source device. Click “Verify” to go ahead.
- Once the verification process is done, the software will then generate data that can be restored on the target device, i.e., iPhone.
- Before restoring data, download, install, and login on WhatsApp using the same credentials. Then click on “Logged In” on your computer.
- The software prompts you to turn off “Find my iPhone”. Head over to iCloud settings and turn it off.
- The software will now start restoring data on your iPhone. This is the perfect time to grab another cup of coffee 😛
- Once the software is done restoring your data, it will show a “transfer Successful” screen. Your target device will restart after completing the whole process.
Backing up and Restoring WhatsApp
Backing up WhatsApp on Android
- Download and install iCareFone on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a data cable and make sure USB debugging is enabled.
- On the software, click on “WhatsApp” and then “Back up”. You can then select your Android device in the drop-down menu and click on “Back up now” to start the backup process.
- Make sure you have already backed up WhatsApp on your Android device. If not, now is the time to do so. Once you complete the backup, click “Continue” on your computer.
- The software will now start transferring WhatsApp data from your phone to your computer. This might take some time, depending upon the size of your backup.
- Once the process is completed, you need to verify your WhatsApp backup account by putting your phone number and country code. Click on “Verify” after doing so.
- Now, put the verification code you have received on your Android device on your computer and click on Verify again.
- The software will now generate your backup and show you a “Backup Successful” screen once the process is finished.
Restoring WhatsApp on Android
- Launch the software on your computer and connect your Android device using a data cable. Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your Android device.
- Click on “WhatsApp” and then select “View & Restore” from the toolbar on the left.
- You should see the backup file you had earlier taken. Choose the one you want to restore with and then click on “Restore to Android”.
- Select your Android device from the dropdown menu and click on “Restore Now”.
- A prompt will ask your permission to overwrite data. Click on “Continue” to proceed further.
- The restoration process shall begin. Wait patiently to finish the process. After completion, you will see a “Restore Successful” screen.
Backing up WhatsApp on iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and run the software.
- Now click on “WhatsApp” from the array of social media apps and select “Backup” from the toolbar on the left.
- Select your backup device from the drop-down menu and click on “Back Up Now” to start the backup process.
- The software will now begin backing up your WhatsApp data. Wait patiently for the process to get finished.
- Once it’s done, you’ll get a “Backup Successful” screen.
Restoring WhatsApp on iPhone
- Launch the software on your computer and connect your iPhone to it using a data cable. Tap on “Trust this Computer” on your iPhone if prompted.
- Click on “View & Restore” on the left toolbar and you will see WhatsApp data that was previously backed up. Select the one you want to restore and click on “Restore to iOS”.
- Click on “Restore Now” after selecting your iPhone from the dropdown menu.
- A prompt to overwrite existing data will show up. Click on “Continue”.
- Ensure that you have installed WhatsApp on your iPhone and logged in before starting the restoring process. Also, make sure you have turned off “Find my iPhone”.
- The restoring process will now begin. Wait for the process to get completed. Once it is done, you will see a “Restore Successful” screen.
- While using the “View & Restore” option for both Android and iPhone, you can actually view the chats and also selectively restore them. Click on “View” before clicking on the “Restore to iOS/Android” option. You will see individual messages that you can select/deselect.
The backup, restore and transfer process is similar for other messaging apps such as LINE, Viber, and WeChat. Select the app you want to backup after launching the software on your computer to back up that app’s data.
Although the backing and restoring process will take time, we suggest not interfering with your laptop or Android/iPhone during this process. Doing so might corrupt the data, and the process will be deemed unsuccessful.
iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer is available for both Mac and Windows. The software comes in three pricing options:
- 1-year license | 5 devices, 1 PC – $39.95
- 1-month license | 5 devices, 1 PC – $19.95
- Lifetime license | 5 devices, 1 PC – $49.95
The software works wonders for those that regularly switch between cross platforms. Currently, there is no first-party way to transfer your data from Android to iOS or vice versa. iCareFone does its job as intended with a simple and easy to use interface, and we definitely recommend you to try it.
Although there’s no need to use it for Android to Android or iOS to iOS transfer since WhatsApp already supports cloud backups on both platforms, it proves to be a boon for cross-platform enthusiasts.
Let us know your experience using iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer in the comments below.