Nexus 5X is the latest Nexus device from Google manufactured by LG. It was announced in September 2015 and was the most awaited device. It is packed with brilliant hardware and features. It is packed with SnapDragon 808 hexacore processor, 2GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, 5.2″ Full HD display, 12.3 MP camera with laser autofocus, Nexus imprint fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C and much more.
It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box & as it is a Nexus device it will be the first device to get future updates soon. Additionally, although it is packed with these awesome features it only weighs 136 gm which is very light in comparison to other devices. So here in this post, we are going to discuss how to flash TWRP Recovery & Root Nexus 5X.
First of all, before proceeding, we have to unlock the bootloader of the device. So let’s get started:
I. Unlocking the Bootloader
- Install Google USB Drivers as well as ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.(Go to Settings -> Developers Option -> Tick USB Debugging Option)(In case you does not find developer options in your device, then go to Settings -> About -> Tap on build number many times. A popup will show that you are now a developer.)
- Also, enable OEM unlocking in Developer Options.
- Connect your device to the computer. You will get a popup on your phone, select ‘Always allow from this computer’ and then tap OK.
- Go to the ADB & Fastboot folder. Hold shift and right-click anywhere in the folder and select open command window here.
- To check whether your device is detected or not type adb devices .
- Reboot into bootloader mode using the following command adb reboot bootloader.
- Now it’s time to unlock the bootloader. Type fastboot oem unlock .
- You will see a notification on your Nexus 5X. Within a few seconds bootloader of your device will be unlocked.
- Type fastboot oem device-info. You will see an unlocked status of your device in the command window.
II. Flashing TWRP Recovery
After successfully unlocking the bootloader, now we can proceed towards replacing the stock recovery with custom TWRP recovery.
- Download the TWRP Recovery Image.
- Rename recovery image to recovery.img and place it in ADB & Fastboot folder.
- Reboot your device in bootloader mode as done earlier.
- Now flash recovery to your device. Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img .
- You have successfully flashed TWRP recovery to your Nexus 5X.
III. Rooting your Nexus 5X
- Download SuperSu v2.52 beta.
- Transfer the SuperSu zip file to your device.
- Reboot your phone in recovery mode.
- Click Install and select the SuperSu zip file. Swipe to confirm the flash.
- After flashing zip file, wipe Dalvik & cache.
- Reboot your device.
- Check whether your Android device is rooted or not
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying wonderful posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you are still having any query throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and helpful for others.