If you are an avid TikTok user, you must have seen videos where an AI voice reads the text or title. This text-to-speech feature allows you to watch and enjoy TikTok videos without reading the text. Although everyone uses it, it is mainly helpful for people with visual impairments.
If you are wondering how to use the text-to-speech on TikTok videos, we are here to help. We have included a step-by-step guide, so you can use it without complications.
Also read: How Much TikTok Pays for Views & Followers
What is the TikTok Text-to-Speech feature?
TikTok introduced the text-to-speech feature in December 2020; since then, everyone has been using it.
It allows you to create videos and convert the text or title into speech using an AI voice. However, it works only with videos that have this feature enabled.
Using the text-to-speech feature is very easy. First, record a video and enter the text in the given box. After enabling the text-to-speech feature, it will start reading the text you typed.
This particular feature is available for both iOS and Android users. It is an accessibility tool perfect for people with poor or weak eyesight. Disabled people can also use it.
Steps to Use TikTok Text-To-Speech on Android
It takes just a few simple steps to use this feature. If you are an Android user, you must follow these steps.
- Start with recording a video. Make sure that your video is not too long. Otherwise, it won’t be transcribed properly.
- After recording, type the text you want in the text box.
- Tap the “Done” button. You will find it on the upper-right edge of the screen.
- Choose the “text-to-speech” option and select the text that you want it to read.
- Once done, save the video. You can open the video and edit the sound if needed. It also allows you to include punctuation.
To edit your videos, you should follow these steps:
- Select the content that you want to convert to speech.
- Tap on the option “Set term.” This will allow you to set the text length you want to read.
- Once you are done, tap the arrow marks on the top of the screen.
- After editing, you can use this feature to add your voice to your videos.
- Locate the “Done” menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the corresponding option in the “save” tab.
- Now choose the voice you want to use. You can also change the speaking speed if you want.
- After you are done, tap “save the video.”
Steps to Use TikTok Text-To-Speech on iOS
- First, create a video and then select the “text” icon.
- Now enter the text you want.
- Choose the “speech” icon and “voice” for the text you want to be read.
- After that, click the “Done” button in the upper-right corner.
- The automated voice will read out the text you typed loudly. If you are not happy, you can change the voice or volume.
Note: Before using the text-to-speech feature on TikTok, ensure you have enabled the option.
Protect Your Online Privacy With Surfshark
[The VPN that we use here at Tech Arrival]
TikTok’s text-to-speech feature became popular very quickly. It is a convenient feature that is not only helpful for visually impaired people but also for others. By following these simple steps, you can use this feature in your videos.
Also read: How to Recover a Banned TikTok Account
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I add my voice on TikTok?
Yes, you can add your voice or try other voices on TikTok. For this, you will have to use the text-to-speech feature.
Why did TikTok change the voice on its text-to-speech feature?
TikTok was forced to change the voice of its text-to-speech feature after actor Beverly Standing filed a lawsuit against TikTok’s parent company ByteDance.
Why can’t I use the text-to-speech feature on my TikTok?
You are using an outdated app version if you can’t find the text-to-speech option on your TikTok. To use this feature, you will need to update the app to the latest version.
How to customize the text-to-speech voice on TikTok?
To customize the text-to-speech voice on TikTok, you will need a third-party video editing app.
Is the TikTok text-to-speech feature useful?
TikTok text-to-speech is an accessibility tool that comes in handy for people with visual impairments and poor eyesight.
Can Android users use the TikTok text-to-speech feature?
TikTok’s text-to-speech feature is available for both Android and iOS users.