We all know what Instagram Reels does. The short video sharing feature introduced as an alternate to TikTok has grown into a very big platform. If you use IG Reels quite often, you should know some of its features to make your work easy.
Although there are plenty of things, you can do with an Instagram Reel. But today, we will discuss auto-adding captions to your Reels. When you share any reel on your Instagram page, you have an option to use auto caption for the reel.
It is very useful if the video has a different language or has no sound. If you’re wondering how to use this feature. Then don’t worry; we will tell you the complete steps you need to follow to add automatic captions to Instagram Reels.
The Auto-add Captions is another sticker that you can use when you add any Instagram Reels. If you have used any other sticker on Instagram Reels, it’s quite the same process.
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- From there, tap on the Reels icon in the middle of the app. Alternatively, you can also open the story creation page and select Reels from there.
- On the Reels page, tap on the camera icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Once the camera appears, you can record a video by tapping on the record button. Or you can also choose a video from your gallery by selecting the photo icon in the bottom left corner.
- Make sure the video has someone talking in it. Once you finish recording the video or add it from your gallery, tap on the Preview option. The next step you will have to add a caption to it.
- For that, just tap on the sticker icon from the top of the screen.
- Now tap on the Caption sticker. If you aren’t seeing this option, make sure to update your Instagram app.
- As you select the sticker, the caption will appear on the screen. It will give you some editing options. You can enhance the background of the text.
- You also have an option to make corrections to the caption if needed. Just tap on the text, and make any correction that you want. Additionally, you can change the color of the text from there.
- Once you are done with the editing, tap on the Done option.
- That’s all you need to do. If you’re done editing the story or adding other stickers. You can then tap on Next.
- Just like you publish normal Instagram posts. You will have options to Write a Caption, Tag People, Add Locations. Once everything is done, tap on the Share button.
Now add amazing captions to your Instagram Reels and reach as many people as you can without any barriers of language.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I Can’t Find the Caption Sticker on Instagram?
Instagram rolled out the Caption Sticker for Reels at the start of 2021. So, as of now, it should work for everyone. Make sure you’re using the latest version or try reinstalling the app.
Can We Use the Caption Sticker for Instagram Stories?
Instagram rolled out the caption sticker for stories in May 2021. And it was working quite well for some time. For the last few months, most users have reported that this sticker is missing. However, Instagram hasn’t given any update regarding this. But most probably, the sticker has stopped working for stories now.
Is There Any Other Way to Add Captions to Instagram Reels?
You can use third-party video editing tools to add captions to your Reels. Just import your video to the software, add a text, do the necessary editing, and you’re done.
Protect Your Online Privacy With Surfshark
[The VPN that we use here at Tech Arrival]