HTC One M8 is a high budget phone with 5 inches Full HD display, Quad-Core 2.3GHz/2.5GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, 16/32 GB internal memory, and almost every great features. In this post, we will discuss how to root HTC One M8 easily with just two steps.
After gaining the root access, you can do almost anything on your device. It unleashes the power of Android. You can install the Xposed Framework to get additional features and to theme your Android device, Titanium Backup to manage the easy and secure backup of your apps with its data, and much more. So let’s begin the process:
Table of Contents
Steps to Root HTC One M8
Warning: – This can potentially brick your device. So follow the instructions carefully. Neither I or anyone except you is responsible for your device. This will also void your warranty.
- First of all, to be on the safer side, we would recommend you to unlock HTC bootloader before proceeding in the tutorial. Also, make sure to create a complete backup of your android device as unlocking the bootloader will probably reset your phone to factory settings.
- There are several ways in which HTC One M8 can be rooted. We have discussed some of the methods below:
Method 1 – Using WeakSauce App
- Download and install the WeakSauce app on your phone. (You can also find the latest version of this app on XDA Developers)
- Now open the installed app and hit the agree button.
- It exploits Android to gain root access.
- Download and install SuperSu from Play Store.
- This app will help you in managing the root access for various apps.
- Reboot your phone. It may take a minute to boot your phone, be patient, and wait a while-while your device gets rooted.
- Now to check whether Android device is rooted or not using Android Root Checker.
Method 2 – Using One Click Root
Follow this guide to root HTC One M8 using OneClickRoot.
Method 3 – Using HTC One M8 All-In-One Toolkit
If you are not a fan of command-line interface on windows then this tool is here to help you. It will do all the complicated commands on behalf of you but in the GUI form. Without wasting any more of time let’s get to it:
- Download the toolkit from Official XDA Thread.
- Extract the zip file and don’t rename the folder or anything.
- Open ‘One M8.exe’ file. It will look like this.
- To install the HTC Drivers click on it and press go. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- Similarly, follow all the 5 steps mentioned to unlock HTC One M8 bootloader.
- Now flash the recovery and then root your device from extras option. For more information kindly refer to the official XDA thread mentioned in the first step.
Method 4 – By Flashing Custom Recovery & SuperSu Zip Package
- Download Latest TWRP Recovery from here.
- Now flash the recovery image using fastboot.
- Download SuperSu zip package (SuperSU-v2.02) and place it in the root of the SD card.
- Switch off your device and boot into recovery mode. (Press and hold the power button with volume down button, you will boot to bootloader menu. Now use volume keys to navigate and power button to select and boot into recovery mode)
- Now select Flash zip from SD card and select the zip file you just downloaded earlier.
- Wait until the flash process completes and then reboot your phone.
- You will see the SuperSu app installed in your app drawer and that means you have successfully rooted your HTC One M8.
Thank you for reading this post and keep connected to Tech Arrival to continue enjoying excellent posts. Share your views about this post in the comment section below. If you still have any queries, throw it in the comment section.
If you find this post helpful, don’t hesitate to share this post on your social network. It will only take a moment and also it is quite easy and convenient for others.
I am glad to be one of several visitants on this outstanding web site (:, appreciate it for posting .
After trying a lot of HTC One M8 steps to root mine, I finally found Method 4 to work. I used the official HTC guide to unlock my bootloader (not sure if that is necessary) and my phone was “S-OFF” using SunShine, not sure if that those two conditions were necessary.
Anyway, was able to root my M8 which was on Android Marshmallow in July 2018 using Method 4.
That is awesome. Congrats :D
Method-4 is good for my HTC One M8 phone. The other apks kingroot, tovelroot, sunshine etc. can not gain any root authority. Just do the procedure step by step. Thanks Mehul.
You’re Welcome :D